Renovate and Build Green
www.renovateandbuildgreen.com.au (the Site) is owned and operated by Vicki Takis t/as “Renovate and Build Green” (ABN 24 522 010 940) (we, us). The Site is a venue only for businesses including tradespeople and suppliers (Advertisers) to provide information (Advertiser Information) and to connect with members of the public who access and use the Site (Users, you).
What personal information we collect
We collect information from Advertisers including names, phone numbers, email addresses, bank details, identification details, building licence numbers, accreditation numbers, their Site account number and their Site password. We may also collect information about a representative or representatives of the Advertiser who are responsible for managing the Advertiser’s account.
We collect information from Users including names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses and information regarding their activity on the Site and Site password.
We also collect anonymous information about Advertisers and Users such as statistical information about how the Site is used by them.
Inability to use the Site
The personal information we collect from you enables us to operate the Site and provide the Content and Advertiser Information. If you do not provide us with this personal information, we may not be able to provide you with full access to the Site, Content and Advertiser Information. In this respect:
- Advertisers must register and registration requires the personal information we collect; and
- Users must provide us with their name, email address, postcode and a password if they wish to create an optional personal account that enables them to save their searches. Users must also provide us with certain other personal information in order for us to perform the functions detailed below under the heading “What we will do with personal information”. Users are not otherwise required to provide us with personal information.
We may also give Users the option of receiving newsletters and other information from us. If so, we cannot provide this functionality unless the User provides us with their email address.
What we will do with personal information
The information collected from Advertisers is used for the following purposes:
- to send a confirmation of registration to the Advertiser;
- upon the Advertiser’s request, to send password information (including when a password is lost or forgotten);
- to contact and respond to the Advertiser about any problems with the Advertiser’s account, Advertiser Information or the Site; and
- to check the Advertiser’s licence numbers and accreditations if needed and to send updates.
The information collected from Users is used for the following purposes:
- to create an optional personal account that enables them to save their searches and, upon the User’s request, to send password information (including when a password is lost or forgotten);
- to enable us to respond to any questions, concerns, or problems raised by the User;
- to send the User newsletters and updates where that User has opted to receive these; and
- to send the User’s phone number to an Advertiser(s) if the User requests a referral via an online request form.
What we will not do with personal information
Renovate and Build Green will keep all personal information it receives from Advertisers and Users confidential and not sell or knowingly divulge such information to any third parties, unless:
- the information is received from an Advertiser as Advertiser Information and the Advertiser has requested it be published on the Site;
- we are required to share your information with a third party in order to comply with the law or to comply with a court order or subpoena;
- to enforce our Site rules;
- if it is necessary to provide it to our third party service providers, if any, such as data storage providers or direct debit providers who will be subject to strict contractual privacy obligations; or
- to protect the safety and security of our Advertisers, Users and our Site.
How we process personal information
Our use of the personal information we collect is necessary in order for us to maintain the Site and facilitate your use of the Site. We do not collect any unnecessary personal data from Advertisers or Users (for instance, their race or religious beliefs).
How long we hold personal information
If you are an Advertiser and you cancel your account we will only keep your personal information for legal and statutory requirements. If you are a User and you opt out of receiving our newsletter, we will only keep your personal information for the purposes of sending you information about our other products and services, if you agree to receive this information. Personal information is otherwise deleted or destroyed.
Keeping personal information accurate
The personal information we hold about you (such as your name and email address) is kept so that we may correctly identify you. Users can update their personal information at anytime from within the Site. We will be alerted to the update.
Keeping personal information secure
We are committed to information security. We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment. For instance, each User’s personal information is encrypted whilst being sent to our server at the time of registration. However, security cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of the internet.
Our security measures are designed to assist in ensuring that your personal information is not accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been an unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please let us know by contacting our Privacy and Data Protection Officer (contact details below).
How can you access, change or delete your personally identifiable information?
You have a right to get a copy from us of the personal information we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of this information please address your request to the Privacy and Data Protection Officer (contact details below). We will deal with your request promptly and in any case at least within 30 days of the date of receiving it. We will correct or delete inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you at your request.
Transfer of your data
Your personal information is uploaded to and kept on servers that we maintain or that are maintained by third parties that comply with strict contractual privacy obligations. It is not otherwise transferred internationally except where a copy is sent to you at your request. You consent to your personal information being transferred and stored in this manner at the time of registration.
Privacy and Data Protection Officer